I fracking love Christmas movies. Even the bad ones. In fact, sometimes I especially like the bad ones (except Love Actually, obvs). So, I thought I might like to reward someone else who also likes Christmas movies.
To that end, if you wanna win a prize, you can answer the following ten questions about ten great Christmas flicks, email them to us at: info[at]20thcenturyflicks[dot]co[dot]uk and, if you’re lucky – it’ll take a Christmas miracle! – you might just win yourself ten free rentals.
- Nicolas Cage is in a Christmas movie. We have it in the shop. What’s it called?
- There’s a movie about a man taking his geese to market that’s set at Christmas time. What’s the name of the actor who plays that man?
- Billy Bob is the opposite of a Good Santa. In that movie he has a love interest and she was in a TV show. What TV show was she in?
- Barbara Stanwyck’s in a Christmas movie. Which is awesome. She steals something. What does she steal?
- Which famous British film had its titular concept inspired by Brief Encounter?
- The Brain Gremlin in Gremlins 2: The New Batch references a famous American writer and critical and political thinker. What’s her name?
- Diane Keaton stars in this year’s Christmas family cinema release Love the Coopers. Which other family Christmas flick did she star in some ten years earlier?
- Hulk Hogan was in a very silly Christmas movie. We don’t have it in the shop. But it involves something cray in the caves beneath an orphanage. What that?
- What colour are the Martians that Santa conquers?
- Which muppet gets mistaken for the Grinch on his way to the bank?
Good luck and have yourself a merry little Christmas… x
Quizmas is coming the quiz host is getting fat,
Please put a pound in the pint glass – not a hat
If you haven’t got a pound, then nothing else will do
If you haven’t got a nothing else then no quiz for you!
Which would be terribly, terribly sad because we have TOTALLY KICK-ASS PRIZES up for grabs! Like awesome Arrow Video movies, Klank beer wrapped in a limited edition Flicks’ t-shirt, random rental vouchers, and other, stuff.
PLUS, we’ve arranged for a very special visit from the Australian Feminist Santa to hand out said prizes. What the frack more could you want? (Don’t answer that, we can’t give you anything more).
So assemble your team – no more than six humans, please (replicants not allowed) – and get down The Steps on Monday night (December 7th). And remember, this is our last one until Feb as we’re taking a not very much needed but convenient hiatus!
What’s a ‘Klank’…?
Entry is £1 per person and rules are subject to the whim of your two quiz masters, Mr Bags and DJ WillSpinz, and the Australian Feminist Santa.
DJ WillSpinz is taking another break (slacker), so the Australian Feminist is going to join Mr Bags for some quizzical times in August!
She has promised to make her questions a little easier – but no less feminist. There will also be a return of Aussie mi Nozzie…
The rest is stuff you know – turn up for 7pm, buy yourself a pint, pay a pound per person and answer as best you can. Heckling encouraged if it’s funny but discouraged if mean.
Last month we unleashed the Australian Feminist on you, in DJ WillSpinz’ absence.
This month, HE IS BACK.
Less ideological agenda, more movie trivia – the 20th Century Flicks film quiz in the pub returns!
Sharpen your witticisms, get your pun-tastic team name together and come on down to the Christmas Steps pub on Monday July 6th for a night of good times, perplexing questions, strong Brizzle accents and a whole bar full of beer. See you there, innit.
Entry is a pound per person, we don’t allow more than six to a team but otherwise the general gist is beer, questions, revelry. So join us for good nerdy filmic times!
Our monthly film quiz returns in June, a week later than the first Monday of the month. For reasons…
In other ‘reasons’, there’s a substitute situation you ought to be aware of – DJWillSpinz will be away and the Australian Feminist will be filling in! So, brush up on your Australian feminist film trivia because the battle to topple those Bristol Silents is ON.
Maximum of six people per team, entry is £1 per person. Bring friends who aren’t already Flicks members and we’ll sign them up for a quid on the night. You might win prizes, you might earn our respect and you’ll probably drink a pint or two. Good times guaranteed*.
* As always, it is not a real guarantee.